Wednesday, May 03, 2006

why

Posting here kicks ass. For now, it is a hidden little outpost on the border of the blogosphere; a remote hideaway. At least, that's how I like to think of it as I'm writing. I'd never complain about traffic and readers, but there are drawbacks to having an extremely public weblog. The major one for me is that my internal censor goes into cautious hyper-careful mode when I write posts these days.

Who will read this?
What will they learn about me that I don't want them to know?
Am I showing weakness or flawed character?
Am I a whiner?
Will my friends think less of me?
What if it sucks?
And on...
and on...
and...

Obviously, these are all forms of writer's block. It's been on my mind today, as is evidenced in other posts in other places. This place will soon turn up, I know. But for now, it is the perfect Page Two to a front page that is often heavily censored, overthought, and with which I struggle to maintain a heightened ideal.

After all, where else but here could I post a single line post that reads:

"Boobies rule."?

(see above)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home