Thursday, October 15, 2020

It’s like shouting into a telephone line to the past.

What a different world we inhabit now, compared to the heyday of blogs. Eventually what drove me away was that it all felt more like a liability. I was throwing out lines that used to bring back new friends, healthy discussion, compliments, connection. Those lines started bringing in nastiness. I couldn’t keep converting my life into daily or weekly content if that content was attracting stress. There was a dark turn at some point, and blogging became a vulnerability that outweighed my creative fulfillment. I miss the writing, but I don’t miss the tension I used to feel about posting something that landed wrong for someone. 

Anyway, just came back to say: Biden/Harris 2020. 

1 Comments:

Blogger leathej1 said...

It was a simpler time, when the vitriol was free range.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home