Thursday, June 01, 2006

pull on your hair, pull on your pout

The Cure is stalking me today. It started with Lullaby when I took the kids to school, then I ran into Jumping Someone Else's Train shortly after I got home, and now it's Fascination Street.

When I was about 19 or 20, a bunch of us got up the nerve to go to a strip club for the first time, and some girl whose stripper name was Cinnamon danced this incredibly sexy, slow dance in a long flowing white dress to Lullaby, and then later did a passionate, harder dance to Fascination Street. I've since retired from strip clubs, but that night was really cool, and whenever I hear The Cure it reminds me less of that dancer, and more of that turbulent time in my life just before I realized that I didn't like who I was becoming, and needed to do something about it.


I wonder if I'd still love The Cure as much as I do today, if things had turned out differently, and I hadn't fled to Kansas to work my shit out?

1 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Its always great to hear a song or an artist that brings back memories.

Now if I could only get this fsking "Hockey Monkey" song out of my head. Proof that sirius radio is indeed the debil.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home