Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Opera mini 2: an internet browser for your phone is OUT

When surfing with Opera Mini, Web pages are optimized and compressed before being sent to your phone. This means that even though your mobile provider may charge you for the data which is transferred to your phone, the amount of data transferred is significantly less than it would normally be, making mobile surfing cheaper.I don\'t use a browser on my phone (it\'s an outdated LG thingy that I pretty much use for talking and buzznet-ing) but if I did, I\'d want to use a browser that didn\'t significantly impact my bill. And this is a great move by Opera; if they can establish themselves as the mobile browser (very difficult, to be sure, but stay with me for a second) they could get more people to give their full browser a try.

read more | digg story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home